Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Forever Man wins Reader Views Literary Book Award

I'm pleased to announce that A Forever Man has won an award in the 2012 Reader Views Literary Awards program. The fourth in the series, and following the 2011 award winning Second Time's a Charm, and Three Gifts, A Forever Man earned an honorable mention in the romance novel category in the Reviewers' Choice Awards. An accompanying review by Christine Watson follows below:

A Forever Man: A Novel

Mary Flinn
Aviva Publishers (2012)
ISBN 9781938686269
Reviewed by Christine Watson for Reader Views (2/13)
Article first published as Book Review: A Forever Man: A Novel by Mary Flinn on Blogcritics.
“A Forever Man” by Mary Flinn is a refreshing romance focused on a married couple and their family. While the couple is more of a fantasy couple (stunning good looks, plenty of money, great family, etc.), the story brings to life real issues many couples face, making the story relatable. There are many emotions the characters struggle through, including jealously, lust, anger, fear, and love. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and had a hard time putting it down once I started reading it.
Kyle and Chelsea are the perfect couple with twin 8-year-old boys. They have a supportive extended family and live in a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina. The author sets beautiful scenes and I found myself transported throughout the book. Since Flinn is a native of North Carolina, she knows the terrain well, and I was ready to move there by the end of the book because of the incredible descriptions!
When Kyle’s work hires a beautiful interior designer, he struggles with his attraction to her, and the story is built around the challenges this obstacle brings to his marriage. Although his wife is quite the catch herself, the allure of this new woman is intense and Kyle finds himself in many compromising situations. There is a bit of mystery to this story as well, keeping the reader engaged.
“A Forever Man” by Mary Flinn is light and easy to read, and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. I could easily relate in many ways to several of the characters, and was sad when I finished the book. This book was towards the end of a series, and while I like this book without reading the others, I would have liked to read them in order. This was the first book I have read by Flinn and I am eager to go back and read the others in the series. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a feel good light romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment